Have you ever needed to open a New Window when someone clicked on a Document in a Document Library or clicked on a List Item in a List? Once again, the Content Editor Web Part (CEWP) to the rescue. What follows is another Dashboard Web Part (DWP) in my series that demonstrates how to exploit this powerful Web Part.
Import my CEWP DWP onto any ListView page (like AllItems.aspx) using the following steps (see how to create a favorite link that simplifies step #3):
- Unzip the CEWP DWP onto your file system.
- Browse to the ListView page of a SharePoint List or Document Library.
- Replace the URL in your browser's address bar with the following text and then press (the Import ToolPane will show when the page posts back):
- Click the Browse... button, locate the DWP you saved in the first step, and click the Open button.
- Click the Upload button.
- Drag and drop the Web Part into the Web Zone below the existing Web Part.
- That's it! It works on nearly every SharePoint List Type (including Document Libraries but not Picture Libraries).
It looks something like this: